Odawara Castle in Odawara city in Kanagawa Prefecture, was transformed into a large-scale structure in 1495 by the daimyo Hojo Soun, who carried out a major refurbishment of a comparatively simple structure surrounded by a mound. The catsle on the old Tokaido highway is a symbol of the city, though the present Odawara Castle is a modern, concrete reconstruction dating from the 1960's. The four storeys of the donjon house artifacts of the Sengoku and the Edo periods, such as armour, swords and other weaponry, as well as exhibits of daily life. It focuses on the history of Odawara and the Late Hōjō. The Odawara Castle Historical Museum, located next to the castle, is divided into different zones, highlighting the Hōjō period, the Edo period as well as the development of modern Odawara.